Having had previous versions of the system over the years, My Pension+ as it currently is, was most recently upgraded in June 2023. Following an internal administration review in 2022, the NESPF placed focus on making advancements to its systems and processes. This coincided with the introduction of Heywood’s member portal and upon seeing the potential opportunities this could bring, NESPF volunteered to be an early adopter of My Pension+.
The iteration that launched in June is the most advanced version of the portal. Not only does My Pension+ have an entirely new look, but the new technology utilised means vastly improved functionality across the site. Further updates continue to be underway, with the aim of enhanced member engagement continually at the core of the project. Some of the primary developments to the site include:
- Simpler login, without the requirement of usernames and security questions. Members can use their email address and password to access
- Improved security with 2 factor authentication
- Simplified navigation and design built with users in mind
- Retirement forecasting tools
- Personalised explanatory videos for complex topics, e.g. annual pension statements
NESPF and Heywood have maintained a close dialogue throughout the course of the implementation of the website. A crucial element in the process was the 12 week testing window that both parties collaborated on. This was critical in identifying areas to improve and also to test developments before installation.
Following months of dedicated teamwork, the delivery of the new My Pension+ to the Fund’s members deliberately coincided with the release of digital benefit statements. This resulted in the migration of thousands of members to the new site and six months after launch, over 12,500 members had registered, with a staggering 15% increase in site usage compared to the prior year.
NESPF and Heywood continue to work closely as future developments are being actioned. Further innovative developments on the horizon for My Pension+ include:
- Electronic I.D. verification which will allow members to verify their identity when registering
- Deferred annual benefits statements with an accompanying personalised talk-through video
- Developments to the p60 and payslip area
- Improved analytics
To find out more about the developments that have been carried out by the NESPF and Heywood, view Heywood’s project case study here.
Members can click here to view the My Pension+ portal, and follow the steps to register or log in.