Following Government advice, our office is closed until further notice with staff now working from home to maintain our key services.
The Fund will remain functional and pensions will continue to be paid. However while the Government advice remains in place, the Fund will operate as follows:
- Phone: We are now running a limited phone service from 10:30-12:00pm Monday to Friday. Please only call if your enquiry is urgent and you do not have access to email or our online services.
- Visiting: For safety there will be no appointments, drop ins or face-to-face meetings with members.
- Mail: There will be a very limited mail service so we may not be able to receive or send post. Alternatively we can issue information via your online, My Pension account as below.
- Email: You can continue to email us at email@example.com. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.
- Online: With My Pension, you can upload documents such as completed forms or certificates directly to us instead of posting them. Likewise we can upload documents that you can view online. You can also see the value of your pension, run your own pension estimates for various retirement dates, send us messages, update details and death grant nominations.
There may be a delay to our normal response times however we aim to minimise disruption.
Is my pension safe?
We'd like to reassure our members that your pension with the NESPF is safe. Your pension is not based on investments or their performance and so any financial volatility will not affect its value.
Similarly pension payments will continue to be made.
What about my AVCs?
Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) are invested in funds, so as with all investments, these have the potential to go up as well as down. Members should regularly check their AVC fund performance.
If you have any queries about your AVCs, you should login to your online AVC account, or contact Prudential on 0345 600 0343.
Further information on pay, contributions and your pension is available in our COVID-19: Q&A. We will post further information and updates as the situation develops.
Information for Employers
The LGA have published a COVID-19 news page and FAQ
to assist employers during this time. This will be continually updated so please refer to the site if you have any questions. You can still contact the Employer Relationship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org